Vice President of Supply Chain
Asbury Carbons, a Mill Rock Capital portfolio company is a world leading producer of particulate graphite and carbon products, as well as a distributor of a several related particulate material products.
The recent acquisition of the company by Mill Rock makes profitable growth a key goal for the organization and this position, which is responsible for leading the organization’s strategic life cycle supply chain operation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You will have direct responsibility for the supply of Asbury products to customers globally, as well as own the supply / demand planning process, procurement, order management (lead times), overall plant order scheduling, logistics and warehouse, and import / export trade operations and compliance.
- Accountable for developing and implementing strategic, tactical, and operational plans to optimize supply chain results. This includes building/structuring a small team to support the overall supply chain goals.
- Deliver the numbers: lead times, working capital (inventory), forecast accuracy, demand alignment, and operational costs, whilst staying fully compliant through a motivated, engaged and empowered organization.
- Set strategic direction and policies for building a best-in-class supply chain operation for supply sites, raw material, and distribution warehouses.
- Utilize digital capabilities, including implementation support of new ERP, to improve supply chain efficiency, capability, and market share for Asbury.
- Establish, maintain relationships, and demonstrate strong negotiation skills with suppliers, carriers, and logistics providers to achieve maximum annual cost savings for the company.
- Review and negotiate all vendor contracts to establish optimal positioning for the company.
- Oversee and manage all supply chain employees ensuring the department is staffed with competencies to meet the business needs, managing performance ongoing.
- Serve as the supply chain expert on new product/business development teams as necessary.
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Sciences, or related field
- 15 years of strategic supply chain leadership and execution in a manufacturing environment, preferably in graphite or minerals
- Track record of proven excellent negotiation results
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of accounting principles, annual operating plan, budgeting
- ERP Systems proficiency (ERP implementation experience a plus)
- Travel to Asbury locations and vendors domestically and internationally as required