Technical Services Chemist 1
Asbury Carbons has an open position for a Chemist 1 in the Technical Services Department. Incumbent will support the operations of the technical services laboratory. Primary responsibilities will include cataloging incoming samples, analyzing samples using an array of equipment within the department, and reporting results. Additional research projects will be required to be supported as assigned.
The Technical Services Department offers a positive environment comprised of a close knit team who work collaboratively
- Perform routine and non-routine testing.
- Exercise creativity in test execution and and design.
- Generic interpretation of materials data.
- Decision making based on interpretation of scientific data.
- Perform calibration on laboratory instruments and instrumenatation.
- Interact with Asbury personnel at the quality, plant, and administrative level
- Provide feedback to manufacturing regarding material properties of raw material and finished products.
- Maintain clean working environment.
- Maintain laboratory test equipment hardware and software.
- Write technical reports based on laboratory research projects.
- Write technical reports based on routine test data.
- Provide opinions regarding the quality of raw materials based on interpretation of chemical and physical test data.
AS, with BS being preferred in engineering, physical science, preferably chemistry, physics, or earth science. Must be experienced in general chemical and physical laboratory practices, or willing and technically qualified to learn same. Incumbent must learn a reasonable understanding of our materials to be effect.