Shipping Department - DeQuincy, LA
The Shipping Employee is responsible for preparing stock for safe and on time delivery to customers. This position is also responsible for maintaining the inventory of finished goods in the warehouses and keeping the warehouses clean and organized.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Load and unload trucks with finished goods and raw materials safely
- Prepare shipments for daily pickups
- Organize the warehouses and maintain housekeeping of the warehouses
- Review Pick Tickets daily for outbound shipments, and any customer requested packaging requests.
- Pick lot numbers of material being shipped from the ProcessPro database daily
- Bill of Ladings are turned in to Customer Service daily
- Date, identify and record incoming raw material
- Always operate the lift truck in a safe manner
- Always operate and maintain the shrink wrap machine, scale as well as the bander and heat wrap equipment
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Use tools provided to complete tasks safely and efficiently
- Reports defective or damaged material to management
- Keeps an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times and requests supplies as needed
- Ability to read and write English
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the tasks introduced through on-the-job training
- Prefer minimum high school diploma or GED or whatever experience the Plant Manager deems equivalent
- Work environment is an industrial environment which requires PPE, provided by the company
- May include special working conditions as noted below:
- Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging climates, and so forth.
Must be able to handle the physical activities of the job, including continuous lifting and stacking bags, packing and moving drums, sacks and other containerized materials.