Quality Control Flex Technician - Asbury, NJ
- The QC Flex Tech will work as part of a laboratory team and additionally be able to work independently to perform all quality control laboratory functions
- When available and as needed, the QC Flex Tech will be responsible for conducting shipping dock audits, ensuring standard shipping/packaging requirements are met in accordance to Asbury standards and customer specific requirements
Roles & Responsibilites
- Safely performs quality control laboratory tests according to prescribed standards to determine chemical and physical characteristics of solid materials for quality control, process control, and determining conformity to specifications
- Sets up, adjusts, calibrates, verifies, trouble-shoots, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments such as analytical balances, Ro-tap sieve shakers, ovens and furnaces, agitators, moisture meters, colorimeters, sulfur analyzers, BET surface area analyzers, Microtrac particle size analyzers, true density analyzers, and other lab equipment as required
- Accurately tests graphite and other carbonaceous-powdered materials for such qualities as ash content, particle size, density, carbon content, sulfur content, moisture, surface area, and pH
- Collects samples from plant production locations and facilities and prepare samples through any necessary steps such as drying, grinding, splitting, or micro-milling
- Records test results on laboratory data sheets and uses Microsoft Excel and LIMS software for daily reporting of data and observations
- Cleans and maintains laboratory equipment and surrounding areas daily
- Works closely with and functions as a back-up to the QC Lab Manager as needed with primary roles of: generating certificates of analysis for all shipped materials and communicating with customers by email; identification and processing of rejected material; sustaining the customer small sample request packaging and shipping program utilizing computerized commodity shipping services such as UPS, DHL, and FedEx; utilizing the company’s quality software to manage calibrations, documents, and training; utilizes the company’s customer resource management software to complete tasks and service customer needs
- Performs shipping dock audits, works closely with both shipping and production to ensure requirements of production, shipping, and quality align and are met
- Responsible for taking re-samples from the mill when necessary as well as being the primary person for testing incoming crude samples
- Ensures any Tecnical Service samples are delivered on a daily basis
- Reports to the QC Lab Manager and performs other lab and quality related tasks as assigned by the QC Lab Manager or Quality Manager
- High School Diploma required
- Two or four year college degree in a physical science preferred
- Post high school laboratory related course work or quality training will be considered in lieu of sufficient experience or degree
- Ability to read and write English
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the tasks introduced through on-the-job training
- Previous laboratory work experience preferred, preferably in a fast paced manufacturing or service industry.
- Strong computer skills with moderate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Any kind of quality or manufacturing training/experience is a plus.
- Work environment is an industrial environment which requires PPE, provided by the company
- May include special working conditions as noted below:
- Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging climates, and so forth.
Must be able to handle the physical activities of the job, including continuous lifting and stacking bags, packing and moving drums, sacks and other containerized materials.