Material Handler - DeQuincy, LA
The Material Handler is responsible to unloading, transporting, storing and staging raw material, byproducts, and packaging materials in designated locations and warehouses.
Roles & Responsibilites
- Unload trucks of raw materials and packaging materials safely
- Unload, and moved material located in the Production Holding areas (PI) daily
- Organize the warehouses and maintain housekeeping of the warehouses
- Insure that material being moved meet the minimal packaging standards and remain free from damage.
- Always operate the lift truck in a safe manner
- Operate and maintain the shrink wrap machine, scale as well as the bander and heat wrap equipment
- Read and follow written and verbal instructions
- Use tools provided to complete tasks safely and efficiently
- Reports defective or damaged material to management
- Perform any other duties assigned by the material handler lead
- Prefer minimum high school diploma or GED
- Good forklift skills
- Ability to follow instructions and preform job duties without direct oversight.
- Ability to read and write English
- Demonstrate the ability to learn the tasks introduced through on-the-job training
- Work environment is an industrial environment which requires PPE, provided by the company
- May include special working conditions as noted below:
- Special working conditions cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, working with challenging climates, and so forth.
- Must be willing to work up to 12 hrs. Per day or more when required
Must be able to handle the physical activities of the job, including tolerate prolonged standing and walking. Required to lift up to 50lbs. Ability to climb ladders and stairways.