Corporate Environment Health & Safety (EHS) Director
Plays a crucial role in driving EHS excellence and fostering a safety-focused organizational culture. Takes on the overall responsibility of establishing and maintaining an efficient system to ensure compliance with Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations. Works closely with Operations Leaders to enhance all aspects of Environment, Health, and Safety performance.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and facilitate all functions related to environmental, health, and safety. Maintain regular reporting, stats, and communicate weekly metrics for all sites. Develop additional metrics when needed.
- Work with site leaders to ensure compliance with required Environmental and Safety laws/regulations at all facilities.
- Maintain regulatory programs and submit required reports and data to federal, state, and local agencies.
- Attend classes, conferences, webinars, etc. as necessary for professional development as it relates to his/her role.
- Promote and continuously enhance the safety culture throughout the Asbury Corporation.
- Work with all levels of management to assist and facilitate improvement projects related to environmental, health, and safety.
- Promote and facilitate open lines of communication throughout all levels and departments of the organization to share best practices related to environmental, health, and safety.
- Oversight of accident investigation and corrective actions.
- Conduct routine safety training at all facilities.
- Lead corporate safety committee meetings and sponsor local site safety committee meetings.
- Revise and maintain the Corporations Safety Manual
- Implement and maintain the ISO14001 standard
- Review product GHS labeling requirements
- Develop, publish, and train employees on safe working procedures
- Other key relevant projects as assigned as either a team leader or participant
- Safety Sciences degree or equivalent
- 5+ years in a EHS management role inside a heavy industry setting
- Attention to detail
- A passion for safety
- Willing to travel
- Patience and persistence
- Basic Computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
- Knowledge of OSHA/MSHA and other relevant regulations
Must be available during non-work hours, as needed, including evening, weekends and holidays. Must be willing to work up to 12 hrs. per day or more when required. Must be able to tolerate cold, heat, dirt and other environmental factors.
- Ability to tolerate prolonged standing and walking
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must use proper tools as required by the task
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a salary position with responsibility of coverage to support multi- site operations; additional hours may be required to support customers, plant operations, quality initiatives and completion of assigned projects. Travel to customers and other Asbury plant locations will be required.