Quality Manager - Lumberton, NC Plant
Plays a key role in the development of the organization towards high quality standards and promotes and cultivates an organizational culture that supports and fosters quality excellence. Responsible for the Quality Management System and product quality of the NJ plant including development, implementation, communication, and distribution of quality practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics. This is a salary position with responsibility of coverage to support multi-shift operations; additional hours maybe required to support customers, plant operations, quality initiatives and completion of assigned projects. Travel to customers and other Asbury plant locations will be required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a cohesive high performing work team by leading the Employee Performance Development process to include goal setting, feedback and coaching, providing development planning and opportunities, and ensuring open communication
- Lead and facilitate process improvements and developing a mindset for excellence within plant operations.
- Assure that all purchased material maintains traceability and is sampled and tested according to requirements verifying the Quality of the material and communicating
- Overseeing quality lab personnel and performing training as
- Guide, energize and continuously develop Quality team skills and
- Review daily production results to ensure product quality is being met. Assure all material produced is sampled and tested as Approve all material to be shipped reconciling any discrepancies.
- Assure nonconforming material is identified and properly labeled, tracked and analyzed for root
- Daily operation of the lab including testing and general maintenance of the testing
- Maintain an ISO9001 Quality Management System and perform training, record retention and continuous improvement to ensure
- Perform verification testing as scheduled on all testing equipment and maintain a verification database.
- Create certificates of analysis for all material
- Conducting Management reviews, reporting and analysis of monthly/quarterly
- Handle deviation requests as
- Perform purchase order specification
- Handle Customer issues as they arise by initiating and completing the Corrective Action process.
- Develop and maintain REACH & SDS documentation process as needed to support customer requirements.
- Oversee and ensure timely processing of customer sample
- Enter new grades, update specifications and typical product
- Travel to support QMS system training, internal audits, customer site visits and supplier
- 5+ years in a quality manager role overseeing quality personnel
- Quality Engineering or Technical Degree
- Current ASQ Quality Manager, or equivalent Certification
- Quality Engineering focus on problem solving
- Ability to lead and promote excellence
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Visio
- Advanced communication skills
- Minitab SPC
- Knowledge and practical use of a Laboratory Information Management System
- Black graphite powder exposure, hazardous chemical exposure, get dirty, wears appropriate PPE including steel toed shoes, dust masks, hard-hat and safety glasses as required; has a positive attitude and enjoys working hard for a rewarding company
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Fast paced environment requiring multi-tasking and ability to handle high stress situations
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50
- Must use proper tools as required by the task