Corporate Industrial Engineer - NJ/PA Region
Performs industrial engineering functions for all Asbury facilities as required and supports corporate wide initiatives. Analyzes information, reports results, develops a technical understanding, promotes process improvement, develops standards and manufacturing methods and procedures, supports innovation, and provides solutions to technical issues. Works as part of a team and additionally be able to work independently to perform all plant engineering support.
This is a salary position with responsibility of coverage to support a three shift operation; regular work hours are approximately 40-48 hours per week 7:00am to 4:00pm or similar. Travel to Asbury plant locations will be required. Additional hours maybe required to support the Quality and Production department and completion of assigned projects
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Focus on production process by identifying methods to improve efficiency throughput rates, improve safety, lower production costs, and lower reject rates.
- Evaluate front line technologies in commutation or classification to expand or improve processing capabilities.
- Implement new technology for process improvements– projects such as in line measuring system, PLC control monitoring, automation and robotics.
- Assist in leading Maintenance Improvement Committee with the focus on sharing best practices in maintenance and development of effective maintenance programs.
- Develop and manage project improvement list.
- Perform process risk analysis by developing and updating FMEAs, Critical Spare Parts list and Preventive Maintenance effectiveness. Identifying potential failures points before they occur and implementing a predictive maintenance program.
- Train, educate and support plant personnel in process control and improvement methods, new equipment operation, process changes, Root Cause Analysis & trouble shooting.
- Assist with the overall corporate training initiatives and ensure employees are qualified through a documented training process and re-qualified on a regular basis.
- Work with production to qualify new equipment and processes for "quality of design," conformance to customer requirements.
- 3+ years in an industrial engineering work experience preferred
- Industrial, Process Engineering degree preferred
- Strong skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Problem solving abilities
- Familiarity with Lean tools: 5S, Kaizen, PDCA, Value Stream Mapping preferred
- Design software
- Mechanical background
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50
- Must use proper tools as required by the task
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K, Profit Sharing, ESOP and Pension Plan
- Vacation and Holiday time off